Prev | List | Random | Next
Powered by RingSurf!

Thursday, September 29, 2005

 

Day 19: "Waters of Judah: Waters of Baptism?" 1st Nephi 18-21 pgs 41-50

I did my reading today, but I've got a cold and I don't feel like writing. How one gets a "cold" in such a hot country is a mystery. We are still hitting 100 degrees here and it's the end of September already. My throat hurts, I'm sniffy, stuffed up and really tired. Now I just learned I have to walk to the optometrist with my daughter to get her new glasses. I was hoping to go to bed early tonight, but that idea is out the window.

There was one expression in my reading that puzzled me. In 1st Nephi 20: [1] Hearken and hear this, O house of Jacob, who are called by the name of Israel, and are come forth out of the waters of Judah, or out of the waters of baptism, who swear by the name of the Lord, and make mention of the God of Israel, yet they swear not in truth nor in righteousness.

I want to know why the "waters of Judah" are the "waters of baptism" I read the TG and only Isaiah uses this expression. Does anyone have an answer?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

<< ? | LDS Blogs | list >>